Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

11 Mile Loop

Did the 11 mile loop that I did last Saturday, another one of my bread and butter runs. When my training gets in a groove I'll do this loop on Tuesdays and Thursdays (when I'm not on the track). As I'm trying to get in the groove, running this on a Tuesday morning was a step in that direction.

M. ran with me again this morning. College wasn't that long ago to where I can remember how difficult it was to get out of the house by 6 a.m., but he's game. We ratcheted up the pace in what wasn't so much a pissing contest as it was (at least on my end) a "this is a bit faster than I usually run but I'm not going to be the one to slow it down" situation. By the time we got onto West River Drive, which has markers at every quarter mile, we settled into a steady 7:15 pace. Once we got into the hills west of the Strawberry Mansion Bridge I was huffing more than he was, but settled down for the rest of the run and pointed out things of interest as we cruised through the 'hood. M. listens attentively to my ramblings (although maybe he's being polite) and he should get a view of Philadelphia through his runs that is unique from that of his classmates.

Final time was 84:24, about ten minutes faster than on Saturday when I did this run on my own. This should be my cruising pace. My knee pain was extremely low level, but still there. I iced it during breakfast as a precaution, but it doesn't seem to be getting worse. I'm also up to 188. I'll start worrying if/when I hit 190.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home