Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, January 10, 2005

Another Art Museum Loop

The title says it. The usual on a Monday morning. M. came out with me again and I ran with E., my 3-time-a-week running partner, for the first time this year, so it was three of us. Other than it was dark, a bit warmer than usual, and interesting conversation topics such as feral cats and how to best wipe one's nose on the run with a short sleeve shirt, it was a pretty ordinary run. Time was 53.08, about the same as yesterday considering that running by E.'s adds a little to the loop.

Well, I emailed D. at the Bryn Mawr club to reserve a room for Boston so I've committed myself. Got a target now for all of this training. Put "Roadrunner" on and have it on a repeating loop to get me psyched.

"Going a 1000 miles an hour. . . With the radio on.
I'm in love with modern moonlight, 128 when its dark outside.
I'm in love with Massachusetts, I'm in love with the radio on. . ."

Tomorrow morning its 11 miles. Ugh. The reality of training. I was really tired today, and tomorrow its likely to be more of the same. Running in the dark early in the morning and not getting enough sleep to boot. Yup, must be training for Boston. Better listen to some more Modern Lovers. The thing about this training is its just relentless. Relentless. I love that word, describes exactly what its like to get up into the cold dark at 5:30 a.m. and know that after I do it today I'm just gonna have to do it again tomorrow, and next week, and next month and. . . well. . . its relentless.

But I'm going to Boston. I got the radio on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home