Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Cold & Colder

It's gotten to be a full blown cold snap here, with temperatures in the teens and a few inches of snow yesterday afternoon. That's about as cold as it gets in these parts.

The streets were still full of snow, making things a bit too treacherous to run outside this morning. So I will get in a treadmill workout later today, although it won't be for 11 miles as planned. And in my downtime this morning I will again play catch-up.

I ran the same 8-mile loop yesterday that I ran on Monday, in the morning dark in about the same time I ran it on Monday, around an 8 minute pace. That run wasn't as hard as the 11-miler on Tuesday, which I again ran in 87 minutes and which, while it went well physically, was tough mentally. One of those runs where I just stared at a point down the road and it just never seemed to come and when it did come I was reminded of how much farther I had to go. Mentally I felt trapped, like I was running but standing still. Or another way to put it, I wanted to escape but couldn't get out. Ironic, as like I said physically the run went fine and my pace was about a 7:30/7:45. One of those days.

Its that time of the year. Just hang on and get my workouts in and, as difficult as it is to imagine, the weather will get better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home