Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tired Old Man

"Do you know who I am?" said Bill Haley,
In a pancake house near the Rio Grande.
The waitress said, "I don't know you from Diddley,
To me you're just another tired old man..."

Still not getting much traction with my training. Eeked out four easy miles around Franklin Field on Monday, and I blame my non-running over the last two days on a combination of the psychic gunk from Sunday's run and end of semester stuff that's keeping me busy. After tomorrow, however, I won't be able to use that as an excuse anymore.

The immediate problem that's been keeping me from running regularly has been my inability to get up early. I need to be out of the house by 6:30 at the latest on weekday mornings if I'm to have time for any kind of a hard workout, and lately I've had a hard time getting myself out of bed by that time. Today was a case in point, and a planned 11 miler got shaved to an Art Museum loop.

Once I got out there, the running went well. Mornings have returned to being nice and cool, and a wobbly first mile turned into a strong, albeit untimed, pace for the remainder of the run. The Dave Alvin song quoted above popped on my iPod as I was finishing, and I knew I had a good blog opener.

6 miles, untimed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home