Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Three Gears

Long trip home from New York, with the Christmas shopping and the dinner we got in along the way. Going to bed now. Before I brush my teeth and say my prayers, I'll give a quick recap of this morning's run.

Reba and I headed out to Rockland Lake and I did three laps around. Each loop around the lake was just over 3 miles around. First lap, in low gear, was in 26:40; second lap, in half-fast gear, was 23:24; and then I put it in high gear for the last one in 20:02. This progression felt natural and the last lap felt very strong. I really like the way I was feeling, like I could have run a marathon at that final pace. Another nice thing about doing the laps is that I could peel clothing off as I warmed up.

No one likes my new shoes, which are a shade that Reba calls "yellow snow". I think they do make me go faster, though. But I've been believing that about new shoes ever since I was six.

9 miles in 70:08.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home