Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Losing Traction

My blogging continues to be sporadic. Coincidentally my running also continues to be sporadic.

And my luck hasn't been real great. Yesterday I got doored while biking to Penn. The door from the parked car broadsided me on my bike and knocked me into a car stopped at the intersection (38th & Spruce). It could have been alot worse for me and the bike, but my lower back is sore (bad yesterday, better today) as is my shoulder and two fingers on my right hand. I know my mother reads this, so I want to emphasize that all this isn't anything that shouldn't get better in a day or two. Still, it seems part of a pattern lately.

Given this gimpyness, I didn't run this morning. I also couldn't help but think about what this would have done to me if I had been in shape to run the Phila. Distance Run, which is tomorrow. That just confirms that it isn't meant to be.

So my running continues. 5 yesterday morning with Jody and Erin out west. Iris came too. She's getting bigger and I can fool around with her as she cruises along with us in the stroller. The weather continues to be perfect. Wish I could say that about my running.

Good luck to everyone running PDR, or Fifth Avenue Mile, tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger ryandavid said...

Sorry to hear about the door prize, Seebo, happens to the best of us. I pulled the old handlebar somersault stunt yesterday.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Spruce St is a hazard - I was car doored there a couple of times; once was on the way to the doctor's office.

My running's been sporadic lately too, so I quit. I'm planning on starting again in November so I can start a couch-potato-to-July-marathon program

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home