Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Zeroes

I wish I could give you an update on my running, but there is nothing to update. I tried to do a few easy miles on Wednesday evening but got in about two minutes worth before my heels made it clear that any running would be more inflammatory than it would be therapeutic. And yesterday when I tried to high-tail it to happy hour at El Vez my heels shut me down.

So I took the time I would have spent running this morning and iced and stretched. My new mantra is to take the time I spent running and do therapeutic stuff.

Other than that, I don't expect to do much beyond recreational running (oxymoron?) for the rest of the fall. Just like I initially hoped that the quick flare-up of achilles pain would mean a quick healing, the persistence of inflammation a week from Stone Harbor leads me to expect this to be lingering.

I'm still okay with that, though I do miss running. I think alot about this change in running habits. I realize how much of my identity is invested in running fast everytime someone asks me about my running and I offer up that there is nothing on the agenda. I think about taking the hour or so I spent a day on running and using it to write instead, but as you can see from this blog I haven't gotten too far with that either.

And M is yelling that she is ready to go. Going to pick out tiles for a kitchen project. Gives me an excuse to duck out.

0 in 0.

2 Comments:

Blogger jim said...

One day soon, the old crew are all going to be healthy at the same time. This has to happen.

12:03 PM  
Blogger John W said...

I know exactly what you mean about running and your identity. They can be tough to separate not only for yourself but for people that you know.

I can think of many labels that are much worse than "runner" so let people keep on thinking it.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home