Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Slow Train Coming

Just looking to get in a few easy miles in preparation for tomorrow's half marathon.

Its been raining hard all day here, and at about 3 there was a break in the clouds. I carped the diem and laced up my shoes. It felt good to be out of the house and into the warm wet air. Apparently I wasn't the only one, as lots of cars seemed to be pulling out of parking spots and people coming out of houses and onto sidewalks.

Cobbs Creek was overflowing and got to about a meter of the path. The current was fast and angry-looking.

In contrast, I felt light-hearted as I made my way around West Philly. Enjoyed a tailwind on the way back and the rain resumed with about a mile to go. I got lost in mapping out strategy for tomorrow. Start slow and pick up momentum, like a train.

Vince got it right. All my body wants right now is more miles. Six today, in 48:10, was barely a taste for the monkey, but its gonna have to tide him over till tomorrow. After that its one last push through March.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home