Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, March 07, 2008

I Was Just Gonna Hit Him...

but I'm gonna kill him now. ~Ryan Adams

Getting pumped for Cesar Rodney.

Recovery run today. Took it out slow until I hit the Schuylkill bike path, when fate had me cross paths with Veena. Got her company for about a mile, but at the cost of ramping up my leisurely pace. Veena was getting one last run in before leaving for Jacksonville and the Gate River 15k, the US 15k championships, this Sunday. Good luck.

Fell back into my previous sorry-ass pace after she continued down the Drives and I headed back to West Philly. At 6:30 sharp I made it to Erin's house, and her, Jody and I ran another 3 or so, all while lionizing Richard Nixon as the savior of the environment. Long story.

9 miles in 79:43 on this route.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if I'm not mistaken, Nixon was the dude who was responsible for the formation of the EPA--I'm not old enough to speak from memory, but I remember reading this in the Times...

10:27 AM  
Blogger Vince A. said...

It's heck trying to taper for a half or a 10K (me)when all your body wants to do is more miles and miles in the middle of these builds.

Also I just learned who Cesar Rodney is from finishing the biography of John Adams - did they have half marathon road races way way back in the day?

10:44 AM  
Blogger John W said...

Good Luck on Sunday, especially with that last hill

11:19 AM  
Blogger ian said...

TEKBOD is in your hands, my friend. Run like there's a dork in aviator sunglasses on your tail.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home