Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Rerun

Alarm went off at 4:30 in anticipation of getting some serious running in this morning. Once the alarm got shushed the beating of rain against the house became apparent. Hard rain. This would not be conducive to tempo running. Went back to sleep.

Woke up again at 5:30. Silence. Rain stopped. Shit. Had I taken off as planned, I would be just about at MLK now. But who knew? So I concentrated on what I could do something about. And its better to at least put some miles in the log than to take a DNF.

I did a repeat of yesterday’s workout – out to Cobbs Creek and back down Thomas Ave. Weather was still balmy, but wetter and cloudier. Five miles, again run in 43 minutes and change. This got me back just in time to shower and take Tony to school.

I saw three individual runners on the Cobbs Creek trail. That’s unusual.

I’ll go tempo tomorrow morning. Sometimes there are second chances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home