Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, July 22, 2005

Further on up the Road

Where the miles are marked in blood and gold
I'll meet you further on up the road

A certain blog has me playing Springsteen songs in my head during this morning's run.

Had all intentions to do the 6 o'clock thing, like I used to once upon a time. Slept right through it.

However, I had the day off and C said she'd drive T to camp, so I got out at 8:30 instead.

I grabbed this second chance, but I also paid the price. It was quite a bit warmer out with a bright sun beating down. I ran the Acme loop and ran on the sidewalk and tried anything else I could do to maximize the shade. Tough run.

Tough but also cathartic in that I feel ready to get training again, and the old determination to get a run in was all that got me out there this morning. Things seem to be easing up a bit at work finally, and the kids flew to Texas today to spend some time with relatives. So logistically things should be easier although the week after next will be tricky. But I'll get there when I get there.

In the meantime, 8 in 60:40 and rarin' to head back out tomorrow morning.

Now I been out in the desert, just doin' my time
Searchin' through the dust, lookin' for a sign
If there's a light up ahead, well brother I don't know
But I got this fever burnin' in my soul
So let's take the good times as they go
And I'll meet you further on up the road

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home