Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, June 06, 2005

New Direction?

I was spouting my self-pity this morning (much of what I wrote last night) to E to which she unflinchingly responded "well it sounds like its time to start racing in costume!"

I laughed out loud and we proceeded to talk about the pros and cons of racing while wearing giant lobster claws.

One of the guys at Boston with whom I rode to Hopkinton on the bus with was dressed in full fairy regalia, including the tutu and right down to the wand and pink spray painted running shoes. We talked briefly after the race and he described the variety of responses he got from the very supportive to the outright pissed. I don't know how I'd react busting my ass and losing ground to a fairy. Maybe that's why the idea has allure; better to be the fairy than to lose to one. He was a Brit, and apparently its alot more commonplace to run marathons in costume there.

I was glad this morning that I played hooky yesterday, because my legs were very leaden. The fact that the temperature was racing the humidity to see which could get to 100 first didn't help. The hills all seemed to be steeper this am.

Acme loop, 8 in 65:24.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chelle said...

Nice to meet you carnival boy, thanx for th link. I know I have a deep seated desire to run in costume, but thus far I've resisted it. It's hard when you run for a team and are required to wear your uniform. Maybe I'll dye my hair neon yellow to match the singlet or something, that could be fun.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

heh...great idea. i had long hair a few months ago, and had originally planned on running christchurch in nz this june. the idea was to cut a huge mowhawk and use eggwhites to stand it up for the race.

but, nz fell through and i shaved my head. BUT! this gives me new ideas for upcoming races...

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home