Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, January 04, 2008

The Prodigal Watch

As cold today as it was yesterday. 19 degrees. Ventured out a bit further, did the old Acme loop. I gmapped it to 9.7 miles but lost the route due to a technical problem, and I'm not doing it again. I figured out an extension that I'll do in the future to take the loop to 10 miles.

I didn't time my run this morning as I realized my watch went AWOL. The loop always seems very long when I run it alone. I guess that is because of the many associations this loop carries with Club West Philly. I slept about a half hour later than usual and while that gave me more daylight, it also gave me more traffic which meant that streets like 58th got tight, and traffic lights that I could usually cross against held me up as I had to wait for traffic.

In short, the most noteworthy thing about the run was that I did it. I'm still in the process of getting back to getting out there morning after morning - building up the discipline to get up and the legs to keep going. So its a good thing I didn't have my watch.

And as I was getting ready to take a shower, there it was, sitting on top of the toilet tank. Finding the watch was one of those little triumphs that will sustain me through the stressors I will inevitably face during the rest of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home