Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, October 13, 2006

Great Expectations

Ran with two women this morning who have large life events looming imminently in front of them.

Erin is conceivably (sic) due any day now. And Deirdre is scheduled to defend her dissertation on Wednesday.

We did Clark Park loops until Erin wanted to bail, and we made her do another one after which she really did bail. During that time the conversation went back and forth from pregnancy to defense to the point that the two became superimposed upon each other. We also decided that Club West Philly should become more exclusive - starting in January if we can't call you "Doctor" you can't run with us, as all five of us will by then answer to that moniker. Not a group I'd care to run with personally.

After Erin stopped Deirdre and I ran down to the South St. Bridge and back, catching up on things as its been a few weeks since she's been up here to run. She's training for Philly marathon in a quest for another OT qualifier, and things seem to be going well there as well.

Cut the run short after Deirdre stopped and I saw my iPod was out of juice. Call it 6.5 miles in 51:32. Easy day.

First chilly morning of the season. Stepping outside felt like jumping into a cold pool. Takes your breath away at first and then, as you get used to it, it feels very comfortable. My hands and arms were cold for awhile, however. My theory is that it takes a few cold runs for one's body to adjust the thermostat to winter settings.

Finally, it's off to Saratoga Springs and Masters XC Nationals. I don't know what internet access will be like up there so I'll probably just write an account of it when I get back home.

And in tending to old business, in a follow up from yesterday, apparently Marathon Bars still exist, as Mike sent me this link.

And I didn't get to do a top 10 artists list this morning (hopefully next week), but Kevin F. sent me his, so I'll post that (without his permission yet, hope its okay) instead. In no discernable order:
Iron Maiden
Pat Benatar
David Sylvain (all 3 already played, and)
U2
Inxs
Ritchie Blackmore
Stiff LittleFingers
Gary Numan
Jimi Hendrix
Duran Duran
Knowing (and now rooming with) Kevin, there is no surprise here except for Stiff Little Fingers. I wish he'd play them a bit more and Maiden a bit less!
*******************************

1 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

There are a few runners out there who suggest "Masters" is not just a euphemism for "Old Guys"--you've become one of them.
Show it at Nattys.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home