Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, January 07, 2008

Day Off

I usually won't blog on my days off, but wanted to put on the record that I'm not running today.

Yesterday's run just zapped me. I was feeling mild chills and was overwhelmingly tired to where I just fell asleep on the couch at about 7 swaddled in blankets and a comforter. I woke up about 3 hours later and my ankle was throbbing. I may not be the most sensitive guy to my body's warning signs, but I took note and figured it was probably not a good idea to run today.

Not to say that I really would like to do so. But its pretty typical of my recovery. Progress to the point where I'm pushing it, and then pull back a bit. I ran 64 miles last week. This also marked my first day off after running for the last 11 days in a row.

Speaking of pushing things, looks like I'm not the only one to run 14 yesterday. In an article yesterday, the NY Times mentioned, as a throwaway line, that Mike Huckabee took the afternoon off yesterday for a 14 mile run as part of his training for Boston. If he can train for Boston in the midst of a presidential campaign, that doesn't leave many excuses for the rest of us, does it?

Mentioning this does not, however, imply an endorsement. Maricela said that if I see him in Hopkinton I should trip him.

Hopefully back on the roads tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

A day off does sound good. Kudos to you in the comeback trail. I've got 0-3 miles on my schedule and may opt for the zero to speed recovery.

Mike Huckabee peaked my interest also. Especially for us being neighbors of NH being inundated with the political commercials. I found this blog with a little more info than a byline.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home