Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A Merry Chase

Wednesdays seem to be posse day. We had 4 again, w/ me, E, KJ, and ES. E led us on a route up into the NW part of Cobbs Creek (I forgot what Scott called that part of the park). E best describes it in her email:

Just in case the words "6 am" and "10 miles" were not enough enticement, let me add that the route I sent you takes us past one of the most famous municipal golf courses in the country, the Cobb's Creek golf course. It was designed in 1916 by the famous Hugh Wilson (the "Olde Course") and expanded in 1929 ("Kara Kung," allegedly the Indian name for the creek), features the foundations of old grist mills along the creek, and has an abandoned missile silo between the 8th and 9th holes.

and:

another exciting feature of this route is the Overbrook School for the Blind, built in 1899, which is one of the best examples of Spanish Renaissance architecture on the east coast!

Suffice to say that it took me through parts of Overbrook and surroundings that I had never been to, including some way cool large stone houses on I think it was 64th. All that with lots of uphills. What was supposed to be an easy run ended up being 10 in 80:43.

PS - Below is a great shot of me going neck and neck with a Central Park TC guy just before the finish of the PDR. Great because, for once, I pull out a counterkick after he went past me and win by a nose.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said...

Seebo,
Keep up the running!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home